The OptiSeal® is a high-performance, low friction, full spectrum sealing solution. The OptiSeal® is a spring energized seal that offers performance benefits ranging from enhanced media compatibility to superior performance in broad temperature ranges. The basic design consists of a U-shaped jacket made from high performing Armorlene® thermoplastic materials specifically selected for the application. The addition of a metal spring actuates the jacket material used in the system, which provides sealing at low system pressures, At higher system pressures, the seal becomes pressure energized by the fluid media – a sealing combination that ensures high sealing performance throughout the entire pressure range.
Features and Benefits
- Ability to withstand corrosive environments.
- Outstanding fluid compatibility
- Superior dynamic and static sealing
- Low static and dynamic friction
- Operating temperature of cryogenic to +500°F (+260°C)
- Very good thermal resistance
- Unlimited Shelf Life
- Capable of sealing at high speeds up to 49 ft/sec (15 m/s)
- Capable of withstanding high pressures above 29,000 psi/ 200 MPa when using Back-up Rings
- Can be installed in grooves according to AS4716.
- Stepped or split glands are preferred.
- Standard products are available for SAE-AS4716 gland sizes.
- Custom manufactured intermediate sizes, inch sizes or special geometries.