The CDI Product T-seal is a double acting rod or piston seal that provides the quality and reliability the Aerospace industry requires. The T-seal consists of a high quality, “flash-free” Arylast™ T-shaped elastomers which provide excellent stability and prevent elastomer spiraling failures during installation. The Arylast™ T-shaped elastomer is supported on both sides by an Armorlene® or an Arylex® Backup Ring which provide excellent extrusion protection to the Arylast™ sealing element. This component combination provides easy installation, low leakage, and long service life for exceptional performance for many static and dynamic sealing applications. Available in all sizes per Aerospace Gland Standards AS4716, AS5857 and MIL-G-5514.
Features and Benefits
- Excellent static and good light-duty dynamic sealing.
- Excellent resistance to rolling within the gland.
- Excellent extrusion resistance.
- Provides bidirectional sealing.
- Preferred option for media separation, such as fluid/gas or fluid/fluid.
- Supplied in “flash-free” (offset parting line) version as standard offering.
- Offered in both scarf-cut (preferred) or solid (endless) Backup Ring configuration.
- Tandem (5 pcs) version maximizes extrusion resistance at system pressures above 5,000 psi/ 35 MPa.