The OptiSeal® Face Seal is a derivative of the traditional OptiSeal® design that maximizes seal performance in face seal configuration. The OptiSeal® Face Seal AA Lip profile utilizes a flat band helical spring, this seal design provides excellent sealing performance at pressures from vacuum to 10,000 psi (690 bar) and the high loaded flat band helical spring energizes the Armorlene® jacket which provides excellent leakage control for application temperatures from cryogenic to +500°F (260°C).
The OptiSeal® Face Seal BB Lip profile utilizes a V-spring. The V-spring acts as an energizer during low pressure situations and overcomes the non-resilient nature of Armorlene® PTFE materials. The spring force is applied directly over the sealing lips creating a zero-leak seal. As pressure is applied the spring cavity is pressure energized, assisting the spring load. These face type seals are designed for static applications and both are available in all SAE-AS6235 Face Seal Gland specification sizes.
Features and Benefits
- Large hardware deflection capable
- Internal and external designs per SAE-AS6235
- Able to withstand corrosive environments.
- Nearly unlimited media service with one seal
- Will not contaminate sensitive media.
- Wide temperature performance envelope – Cryogenic to 500°F (260°C), giving excellent performance at extreme temperatures.
- Operates effectively at pressures from vacuum to 10,000 psi (690 bar)
- Pressure actuated